Water-Based Fluorescent Penetrant
ZL-405 is a water-based, water-washable fluorescent penetrant used for finding indications in castings, forgings, extrusions and other materials with rough surfaces commonly found in automotive part applications. ZL-405 is an ideal solution when waste water produced during the inspection process is a concern for the operation. ZL-405 is water based and contains no petroleum distillates, which may allow its rinse water to be disposed of directly into the sewage system depending on local regulations.
The penetrant features excellent rinse removability and is self-developing which means that separate developer may not be necessary depending on the application. ZL-405 is designed to be environmentally sensitive while meeting EN ISO 3452-2, and can be used in place of any conventional water-washable fluorescent penetrant.
- Level 1/2, very low sensitivity
- Excellent water wash removability
- Developer is not required
Reduce environmental footprint and waste-water pollutants
- Reduce water treatment costs and discharge waste process water directly into the sewage system (depending on local regulations) due to minimal water-based contaminants.
- Meet or exceed local discharge regulations with low Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD) and Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) levels.
- Support a healthy environment with waterbased penetrants that have minimal occupational health and safety impacts.
Reliably speed up inspection and wash processes
- Identify bright indications with superior sensitivity and low fluorescent background interference.
- Increase throughput and reduce costs by eliminating the developer step of inspection processes depending on procedures and requirements.
- Rapid rinse and post inspection washing of parts thanks to excellent washability properties, due to trade secret chemistry.
200 litres: 056C212
1000 litres: 056C214
NDT Type: Fluorescent Penetrant Testing
Penetrant Type: Type 1
Fluorescent Penetrant Sensitivity: Level 1/2 - Very Low Sensitivity
Penetrant Methods: Method A
Removal Type: Water Washable
Required Equipment: UV light source
Ideal Application: Automotive, Ceramic components, Leak detection, Plastic components
Defect Examples: Cracks, Leaks
Standards: ISO 3452-2
- Brand: Magnaflux
- Product Code: 056C212, 056C214
- Availability: 2-3 Days